Church History

picnic flagsHistory of Our Church

Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church was founded in 1958. It was founded as a mission congregation of the American Lutheran Church (now a part of the ELCA) in the growing suburban Poland Village and Township area of Mahoning County. Thanks to the visionary people of Martin Luther Lutheran Church in Youngstown, who pledged $100,000 (1955 dollars!), POP began its ministry and mission. The congregation thrived and grew as a community-based Lutheran congregation into the new century. Prince of Peace has strong and positive leadership and a congregation that pitches in. Come and be a part of our story! 

 

© 2017 Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community